Saturday, July 25, 2009

How long has it been since you were at the circus?
After passing the sign every year for 5 years I finally
made it to Circus World Museum in Barabo, Wisconsin.
This is where the Ringling family settled when they
came to this country.
Now I know why I waited.It was because I was waiting
to take my Granddaughter, Lula, with us and she is
only 1 1/2.
My first memory of the circus was when I was 6 or 7.
My older sister and her boyfriend took me and my younger
sister. He thought it was great how much we liked cotton
candy. ( also a first for us) He kept on buying it, we kept
on eating it. Pink, blue, pink, blue. The thrill wore off later in
his car where we both threw up purple. To coin a phrase of
the time "psychedelic".
Older and wiser, I bought one and only one bag of cotton candy.
And a popcorn but that's what "Gamommy" is for.
Most of the fun came from her reactions to the animals. She
knows many animal sounds and "talked" to the tiger and elephant
at length. I'd like to make a play blanket in a circus theme.
The tents and circus cars are pockets to hold your anigarami
circus pals. Cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment